Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Well, its 4:12am, my cab is picking me up in about 48 minutes. It's been a long day, enjoying a beautiful day in the park, saying my goodbyes, having farewell lunch/dinner/drinks, packing up, buying gifts, and developing blisters on my feet. I realized while walking along the viale that while contemplating my plans of leaving, bologna, for the first time, felt like somewhere that I had been living for the past 5 months, and not just visiting as a student until i would inevitably leave, but as an inhabitant who developed relationships and bought groceries and frequented favorite locations.

Despite the nagging feeling that I haven't done nearly all the things that I wanted to do while being here, I have made lots of amazing friends, learned a great deal about good food, and how to fully submerge myself in completely new territories. With that said, I'm super psyched to get home, although I'll have to brace myself for a serious drop in commercial food standards.

No.1 favorite unused blog title post: to salsicce his own.

No comments: