Thursday, May 28, 2009

ma dai!!

hrmph. I'm torn. I feel my cooking career reaching a premature demise, it will be euthanized by a lack of european grocers. I sense this because of a bad omen, my world famous lemon cheesecake, came out completely bland, after spending 6 hours making 3 of them, one of which is going into an end of the year potluck being held at the paglietta apartment.

In my defense, [against my own criticism] the ricotta, cream cheese, egg, and flour cake batter tastes exactly how it sounds, light and delicate with just the right cakeyness that i was searching for. Even the crust came out as terriffic as it did originally. But i forgot to add the one thing that makes dessert a dessert and that is sugar.. how'd i forget this? a culinary mishap due to a rushed single handed operation and a disorganized workspace, and i was so proud at the time..

well i suppose my hubris will be rewarded with a lesson of some sort.

1 comment:

Daniel Spiro said...

Well. Perhaps something else was missing? I don't know. I'm not sure what it could be. Hmmm. Let's think about this. What was there last time but not this time? What was it? What could it be? Hmmm. I don't know. Do you? Well. Let's think. I wonder what it was. I wonder what it could be. I wonder. Hmmm. What could it be? What was it? Let's rack our brains. Search our memories. I wonder. Hmmm. Oh that's right. Now I remember. YOU NEED ME. AND SO DOES YOUR CHEESECAKE.